SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#479869 - 11/06/19 12:26 PM OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Well, today is a day near and dear to my heart as it also is to many of my sax-playing associates. It is National Saxophone Day! Celebrating the birth of its inventor, Adolph Sax. He applied for the patent for the sax on July 28th of 1846. Meeting the saxophone was one of the luckiest days of my life for sure.

Since today is a special day for myself and many other instrumentalists, here is a tribute to Adolph Sax, the Great Grandfather of one of my true loves. Also, with Veteran's Day right around the corner, I definitely dedicate this posting to all the vets among us who have "done time" serving in the U.S. military. Hope you like my version - performed 10 years ago on a balmy Valentine's Night in Destin.

Happy National Sax Day!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479879 - 11/06/19 12:58 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Enjoy your celebration day. Haha

Granddaughter started learning it thru school. Wasn’t for her.

Now the 10 year old grandson has decided to give it a go. Hopefully he’ll stay with it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479880 - 11/06/19 01:01 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy, Outstanding!! Wonderful interpretation! Happy National Saxophone Day!

cool

#479882 - 11/06/19 01:04 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
WOW, I got goosebumps! bow
Enjoyed it a lot, and wish I could treat a Saxophone like that.
Probably about 50 years ago or so, I did try a tenor sax and when finally managed get some sort of sound out off it,
the people close by all that sudden was not as friendly listeners anymore...
End of that carriere, but I regret I did not continue.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#479884 - 11/06/19 01:11 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

#479885 - 11/06/19 01:17 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Thanks Guys and Rikki! The sax is truly a wonderful invention. Adolf had "17 different varieties" at the beginning... love the sound and the fun of playing it!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479889 - 11/06/19 01:33 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That was beyond fantastic. Probably the best thing I've heard on Synthzone....ever (except maybe your version of Autumn Leaves). This definitely goes into my permanent playlist (along with Capt Russ' 'What are you doing the rest of my life'). Unless you're on life support, I just can't imagine you retiring. Again, beautiful rendition.

chas

#479892 - 11/06/19 01:36 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Were those fake canned applause at the end and a backing track in use or?
people looked like they were just walking buy
not paying attention to this great song
and performer. Nice find.
I should of read the post first...I just did..
Thought it was just a random YouTube video honestly didn't know it was you playing.

Edited by Dnj (11/06/19 05:09 PM)

#479893 - 11/06/19 01:58 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: cgiles]
saxxman Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
That was beyond fantastic. Probably the best thing I've heard on Synthzone....ever (except maybe your version of Autumn Leaves). This definitely goes into my permanent playlist (along with Capt Russ' 'What are you doing the rest of my life'). Unless you're on life support, I just can't imagine you retiring. Again, beautiful rendition.

chas

Chas - thanks so much for the kind kind words! Playing a gig like this in a noisy busy environment does not offer the highest level of inspiration to me, but performing a song like this definitely makes up for it. I am most grateful for your ever so kind thoughts - this arrangement is a wonderful one and of course the song is a beautiful melody and is always a joy to play! So thanks so much again Chas for the listen and the kind words on my playing!

#479895 - 11/06/19 02:03 PM Re: OT - Time to Celebrate "National SAXOPHONE Day"!!! [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (11/06/19 02:18 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online